searchcode server the downloadable self hosted version of searchcode.com is now available. A large amount of work went into the release with a variety of improvements based on feedback from the general beta releases.
searchcode server has a number of advantages over searchcode.com that will eventually be back-ported in. The full list of things to check out is included below,
- New Single Page Application UI for smooth search experience
- Ability to split on terms so a search for “url signer” will match “UrlSigner”
- Massively improved performance 3x in the worst case and 20x in the best
- Configurable through UI and configuration
- Spelling suggestion that learns from your code
A few things of note,
- Java 8 application built using Lucene and Spark Framework
- Designed to work any server. The test bench server is a netbook using an Intel Atom CPU and searches return in under a second
- Scales to Gigabytes of code and thousands of repositories
- Works on Linux, OSX and Windows
Be sure to check it out!